Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My favorite place -- Shi Sha Hai 什刹海


Shi Sha Hai, located in Beijing China, near the forbidden city, is an area like pine lake, which offers boat launch, fishing pier, and playground.

I have many reasons to like this area. First of all, Shi Sha Hai's scenery is too beautiful for words. The lake is always peaceful and quiet. Every time I walk around the lake, the green color water, the chirping bird sounds, and the leisure faces could be seen and heard everywhere, thus how could any annoyance still exist?

Secondly, it is a fun place for everybody. Children can play in the playground, old men like to go fishing in the pier or play chess on the bench, young couples can rent a boat and row to the island of the lake. In winter, it is the best outdoor ice skating place in downtown Beijing.

Finally, famous restaurants and bars are nearby. When you are tired or hungry, grabbing a beer or a cup of coffee or tea, sitting in the chair near the waterfront, tasting delicious Beijing flavor dim sum, I am sure you can feel at ease and relax.

Once you visit Shi Sha Hai, you will never forget it!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! I was reading your post are really interesting life.
    Congratulations you are a dinamic woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Donna -- I think we might use this for a jumping-off point in writing essays -- mulitiple paragraphs about a topic. Excellent subject-verb coodination and good descriptive phrases.
    Change :
    take out "the" before Shi Sha Hai's scenery
    children can play
    young couples can
    at ease
    you will never forget it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice essay. I have been Beijing several times. Unfortunately, I have never been there. But it will be my plan for my vacation after reading your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna, I am impress about your post you are very good writer. I really like the bocavulary do you, and the way do you express and describe that place.
    I am thinking do you really love that beautiful place. Again congratulation..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for reading my post. I am glad you all like it. Hope some day you may visit the place to feel what I said!

    ReplyDelete